Members Services team
The Membership Committee is responsible for maintaining ongoing contact with current and potential League members. Areas of responsibility include managing the membership list/information, welcoming new members, member recruitment and orientation.
<Insert text about jobs or tasks or positions that the committee needs.
Join us for our next team meeting at <insert> on <date>. The agenda will be:
- Updated the League's Google listserv. The list now reflects exact membership of 104.
- Created an updated membership directory with photos. To be delivered by email in December. Thanks to Carol Bosley for her work on this project.
- Set up a welcome protocol for new members. New members will receive a packet from the Membership Database Manager with welcome letter, LWVCC brochure, calendar of activities (tbd), LWVCC business card and (possibly) an interest survey with SASE. (They are rethinking the survey idea.) Original plan of following up with a phone call will be replaced with an email and pdf of the membership directory.
- Help form a volunteer group for the League.
- Consider a separate committee to manage a volunteer list with areas of interest and other factors.
- Consider a welcome/orientation meeting every 4 months to talk about volunteer opportunities and interest/talents. Two orientation gatherings were held at the president's home on 11/18 and 11/19. 22 new members were contacted via email; 6 were unable to come on any of the dates; 5 came on Monday and 7 on Tuesday. No response from 4 to initial or follow-up email. We are considering how often to repeat these sessions.
- Work on ways for the League to be more visible in the community, such as making presentations, staying in touch with local media and updating social media presence.