This page will be phased out to other locations.
Tips for Team Leads
- Member/directory information
- Teams, team leaders, team members, organizational chart
- Social media locations
- General email address
- Board members, board minutes, annual meetings
- Past newsletters
- Schedule team meetings with Zoom
- Schedule a LWVCC Webinar for the public
- Find new team members
- Find volunteers for a specific project or event
- Let the League know about a volunteer opportunity
- Store team documents on League's Google area
- Send a note to the whole League
- Put an announcement on the LWVCC website
- Put a post on the League's social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Get help publicizing an activity / help with a press release
- Put something on Board agenda or update the board
- Contact community leaders
- Create a new handout for the League
- Create a new graphic for a team purpose/use
- Write an article for The Voter newsletter
- Develop a video for a League Project
- Propose new information for the LWVCC website
- Find out what other League chapters have done on an issue
Software/Technology Used by LWVCC
- Emails to large groups - MailChimp is regularly used to send formatted emails to all LWVCC members or other large groups within the chapter. Contact is James Manrique.
- Graphic design - A number of League members use Canva. Linda Bair manages a shared League account and other teams have their own accounts and practices.
- Meeting Online and Webinars -LWVCC primarily uses Zoom. Ann Panthen manages the League account. Zoom Video Tutorials
- Mailings to LWVCC groups - Mailchimp for mailings - See James Manrique or Carol Bosley.
- PDF files - The pdf format can be read by most computers, so it's used for sharing documents, particularly when the author does not wish for viewers to made changes to the document. For example, most documents shared on the website are in pdf format.
- Social Media - Kanittha Fay for information on LWVCC use of Facebook and Instagram. See James Manrique for LWVCC use of YouTube for storing/sharing videos.
- Scheduling software - Some teams have started using SignUpGenius to schedule participation in activities. Other teams use the Doodle application.
- Surveys - A variety of commercial software is used by LWVCC.
- Website design LWVCC uses Weebly for website development and forms; see Linda Bair (usage, training) and Mary Ellen Wuellner. For payment processing, LWVCC uses Slim/CD; see Linda Bair, James Manrique or Deb Busey.
Office productivity tools
- Google Suite / Workspace - Used for some official LWVCC functions - James Manrique, Linda Bair
- Microsoft Software - Widely used by many League members including Excel for spreadsheets and Word for documents
- Word Processing - Microsoft Word is used there's a need for formatting features or ease-of-use. Some members use Google Docs, particularly when multiple people contributing to (commenting on) a document is needed. Both Google Docs and Microsoft Word documents are found in the League's Google Drive storage area.