March 19, 2024 Primary Key Dates and Deadlines
Now-Feb 20, 2024: Register using a paper form or by mail.
Now-Mar 3, 2024: Register online.
Feb 21-Mar 19, 2024: Register and vote the same day at Brookens Center.
Mar 11-Mar 19, 2024: Register and vote the same day at designated campus and Champaign County locations.
Feb 8-Mar 18, 2024: Vote early at Brookens Center.
Mar 11-Mar 18, 2024: Register and vote early at designated campus and Champaign County locations.
Now-Mar 14, 2024: Request a permanent mail ballot for all elections.
Dec 20-Mar 14, 2024: Request a one-time mail ballot for this election.
Feb 8, 2024: Mail ballots will start being sent out.
Receipt of ballot through Mar 19, 2024: Ballots returned through USPS must be postmarked on/before Mar 19. Ballots placed in drop boxes must be in by 7pm Mar 19.
Three ways to register to vote!
1) Mail in a paper form. The form is available at many voter information events, or you can download it here. In section 5, choose one form of identification and check the box. If you checked IL license/state ID or last 4 digits of your Social Security number, write the number on the lines provided.
2) Register online. Have your Social Security number and Illinois driver's license/state ID number ready to enter. Click here for a video on how to register online.
3) Register when you go to vote. Bring your ID and something from the last 30 days showing your name and current address. Hard copy or electronic are both fine. Examples: school ID, utility or cell phone bill, a receipt with your name and address.
The Champaign County Clerk's website also offers helpful information on voter registration.
What to know before you go to vote!
1) See YOUR sample ballot. Ballots are specific to voters. You can download and view your sample ballot from the Champaign County Clerk's website for the candidates and any referendums specific to you.
2) Learn about the candidates. The League's Candidate Guide provides information about candidates in contested races. For most elections, the League also hosts Candidate Forums, which can be viewed on the League's YouTube site.
3) Make a plan for how to vote. Decide which way you'll vote:
Click here to request a mail ballot from the Champaign County Clerk.
Whether you vote by mail, vote early, or vote on Election Day, be sure to vote!
1) Vote by Mail. The Champaign County Clerk will begin sending out mail ballots to those who have requested one starting February 8. Mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day, March 19, 2024 or put in one of the county's drop boxes by 7:00 pm that day. Visit the Champaign County Clerk's website to learn more about voting by mail.
2) Vote Early. You can vote early at ANY designated voting location on campus or throughout Champaign County. Visit the Champaign County Clerk's website to find convenient early voting locations.
3) Vote on Election Day. On Election Day, you can vote at ANY voting location on campus or throughout Champaign County. Election Day voting locations can be found on the Champaign County Clerk's website.
Champaign County Clerk
The Champaign County Clerk and Recorder is the election authority and official source for election information in Champaign County. Find out about the election at the County Clerk's website, follow the Clerk's social media, or reach out to the office by phone or email.
Illinois State Board of Elections
Information about elections and voting in Illinois can also be found at the Illinois State Board of Elections website.
Statewide voter registration look-up, address changes, and online voter registration are available on this site.
Election Resources for Voters and Volunteers
Check out and use the Champaign County League's public Election Resources.